Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Night in the hospital

Last night was spent in the hospital, and you'd think I was there to have the baby right? Well, luckily Ashton was not born a month early, and especially in this circumstance. Tyler and I were in a car accident last night. (You can ask him the details). I knew I was alright, my chest and ribs hurt from the impact from slamming against my seat belt, and do have skinned up knees, but I wasn't sure how my baby was. After the accident I placed my hands on my stomach, and was reassured that my child was still kicking, so I knew that nothing was terribly wrong, but I still wanted to know that he was in fact fine. So we went to the hospital, and they admitted us over night to monitor everything. It was not the most pleasant night. We tried making the most of our situation by pretending we were at some nice hotel, but I must say I did not feel the least most attractive hooked up to all my I.V.'s and in my lovely hospital gown. They make those robes so attractive, especially with your backside completely exposed.

Tyler got accustomed to sleeping overnight at the hospital on his hide-a-bed, so now we can be ready for when the baby does come. At 6:00 this morning the new nurse said I would be staying all day because they usually like to monitor you for 24 hours, but then 2 hours later they let us go. I was so happy to be out of their... safely.

So everyone, please be safe and drive carefully!

12 comments:

Thedailydansie said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe you were in an accident. I'm glad that you were Ok. Your baby bedding and room looks so cute! If I don't see you good luck with the last month. It sucks but it is well worth it.

Savannah and Braden said...

good heck Sunni May, can't you stay out of trouble for five seconds! This post scared me to death! I'm glad you are ok!! Be careful! Don't do that ever again! Love you!

Raquel said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, that's so scary. I'm so glad you are all okay!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Geese that sucks! I am glad everything is okay that kind of stuff really scares you when your pregnant! Hey you don't like the stylish hospital gowns I personally think there amazing and you get a nice breeze from the backside it keeps you cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! I am so glad you are safe and ok. phew! word of advice, when you go into the hospital for the real thing!! bring your own towel. the ones they had for me were so extremely small i laughed my head off...busting a few stitches i laughed so hard at the size of it! good luck when the real thing happens!

Lindsey Bench said...

So I totally got the scoop on the accident from your mom tonight. You remind that hubby there is a baby on board. No more racing trains! He's a father now. You are so close!!!!

musson said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am so glad you're ok. How is the car doing?
OH and the best gown is after you have the baby and it's for nursing purposes. Now THOSE (with two slits in the front - for easy access) are whats happenin'.

Savannah and Braden said...

Sunni, you have an assignment, you need to take a picture of your house, each room in your house, the street you live on, and where you work. This will bring me great happiness. Or direct me to a post where this is already available! Thanks love!:)

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you are all alright! I'm with Jordan, bring your own towel! (and slippers!)

Ryan and Jess said...

Ah! That is so scary! I'm so glad you are ok! Good luck with the baby! I can't wait to see pictures!

Savannah and Braden said...

that was the Draper temple fun huh? I haven't been to an open house since I was like 8 or something. So crazy- it just dumped on us on monday, it snowed all day! and it's been beautiful ever since, we have such weird weather. how is it in your state?

Chelsi Lasater said...

WHAT?! I didn't know you were in a car accident!!! I would've called! I'm glad everything was ok and the baby is beautiful! xoxo