Saturday, November 27, 2010

Water show at the zoo

Miss Madelyn May came as a little bit of a surprise.


It began Monday night. We had just enjoyed a good dinner at Max and Ermas's with my mom who flew in just an hour before. It was a gorgeous night and I was feeling great so we decided to check out the lights at the zoo.
We walked around forever, and just as we were leaving I had a sudden unexpected gush in my pants, and no it was not pee. It was quite embarrassing as it did not stop. So I tied my coat around my waist, which was just drawing more attention to me as you could still see water flowing down to my shoes.
So we drove home, so I could shower, said my goodbyes to Ashton and my mom and headed off to the hospital. Just as soon as we got in the car my contractions started getting really hard and they were not stopping. When we got to the hospital I was wanting to scream.
2 hours later and little Madelyn was born.
7 lbs. 11oz.
20 in
1:33AM

15 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! That WAS a surprise. Congratulations!She is such a perfect, squishy baby. I love the name. And you are so gorgeous and skinny, by the way. Have fun with you new baby girl!

HeidiPie said...

HA, fun times at the zoo! Did your water break with Ashton too? Well, congratulations!! That's pretty exciting, she is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, talk about a speedy delivery!! And perfect timing with your parents just arriving.

She is beautiful sunni, and you look fabulous! Congrats to your adorable family!

Beau & Shannon said...

looks like your water broke at the zoo instead of mine! :) remember last time we went we were worried mine would break... thats funny. good job sunny, hope your doing well.

Knight Bliss said...

Congrats you guys! What a darling little gal! Cute Cute family! Stop by if you have time this holiday season if you are in town. We would love to meet her!

Josh and Krystal said...

What a great story! I can't believe it. Congrats. I am glad things worked out okay. Enjoy your two adorable children!

melody said...

Ha! That IS quite the story. And I'm so glad it had a happy ending. What a doll. Congrats to you four!

Erin said...

wow! that is the kind of thing that they tell you never happens. crazy. congratulations! both kids are so cute!

Megan and Taj said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! So very exciting!!!!!

Brody and Erin said...

So exciting! Congrats!!! Can't believe your water broke at the zoo. Oh my!!! Can't wait to catch up with you.

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

So excited for you guys! Congrats! She is beautiful!

Shonna said...

Congrats! So glad your mom was there; great timing!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Geese that was a fast delivery! Congrats!

Nate and Kara Cooney said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! I'm glad the second time around was easier for you.

Lyndzi said...

Yeah for babies! Glad she's here.